Pacific Rim Hospice Society provides care and support for individuals and families facing life-threatening
illness, death and bereavement.
Hospice volunteers and counselors provide emotional care for the dying, the bereaved and those facing life threatening illness.
Supported by a board of directors, permanent part-time staff and 30 volunteers provide services to people living in Ahousaht, Esowista, Hitacu, Hot Springs Cove, Opitsaht, Tofino, Toquaht, Ty-Histanis, and Ucluelet.
Find us in the lower right suite at 240 Neill Street, Tofino, diagonally across the street from the Tofino General Hospital.
240 Neill Street (lower suite across from the Tofino General Hospital)
PO Box 7 Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0
Like us on Facebook.
Funding generously provided by the British Columbia Government
Board of Directors
Vera Webb, Chair/ Treasurer
Janine Croxall, Vice Chair
Secretary – Laura Distaso
Anita Tavera, At Large
George Walkem, At Large
Jan Rodgers, At Large
Roger Poblete, At Large
Darlene Choquette, At Large
Pacific Rim Hospice Volunteers
- Successfully complete a unique and comprehensive Hospice Volunteer Training Program
- Sign a pledge of confidentiality for Hospice and VIHA, complete a criminal record check
- Are well trained in listening skills and listen without judging or giving advice.
- Are committed to continuing education in the field of hospice/palliative care and bereavement support.
- Offer assistance with practical concerns and planning and refer to professionals or other agencies when appropriate.
- Have a wide range of life experiences and skills that enable them to offer practical assistance and supportive care and support to meet the special needs of those facing a life-limiting disease or injury or bereavement.
- Are culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Live in our communities.
Pacific Rim Hospice Society Values
|We acknowledge all cultures, beliefs and choices
We are dedicated to helping and supporting those in need
We are caring and empathetic
We uphold the highest level of ethics and confidentiality
We support learning and personal development
Our services are visible, welcoming and available
We work in partnership and teamwork in a spirit of cooperation and involvement