At the Pacific Rim Hospice Society we can help. Our caring volunteers and staff offer support and respite.
- One-to-one volunteer support in your home or in hospital
- Books videos and DVD’s to borrow and complimentary pamphlets
- Support and respite for family caregivers
- Energy work
- Spiritual support
- Volunteers sit with dying patients through the last hours of life.
- One-to-one volunteer support
- 7 week grief support group
- Bereavement counselling
- Borrowing libraries
- Complimentary pamphlets
The Hospice must be invited to help. We accept referrals with client consent from:
- Family and friends
- Nuu-chah-nulth and VIHA Community Home Care
- Nuu-chah-nulth and VIHA Mental Health
- West Coast Community Resource Society
The Director of Client Services (Therese) will call to arrange a visit to talk about what hospice services would fit your needs.
Why Register With The Pacific Rim Hospice
Hospice understands that when we are diagnosed with a life-limiting illness, the illness does not just affect us, it affects our entire family. Hospice is here to support you and your family, if that is your wish. If you have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness or injury you may be seeking support that meets your present needs while at the same time preserving and promoting quality of life for both you and your family.
It’s Never Too Soon to Make A Connection
It’s never too soon to make a connection with Hospice. Our staff and volunteers are here to provide support in ways that are the least intrusive on your present lifestyle. We believe that the patient and family are at the center of planning for care. Upon request, our Director of Client Services will visit you in your home to meet with you and your family. She will outline options for support and you can decide when to access care. You may decide that you wish to wait. Being registered with Hospice is all that is required. Our care is designed to be non-intrusive. When your needs change you can call us and we will be there to provide support in a way that makes sense to you and fits your needs. Call us today at 250-725-1240 and connect with Pacific Rim Hospice.
Hospice Advance Care Planning program provides materials and support for expressing wishes for future health care treatment
Hospice offers accessible community educational workshops and presentations and events. Become a hospice member and receive newsletters outlining upcoming events. Hospice educators can offer the following workshops in your community
- Care for the Caregiver
- Basic Hospice Training for Volunteers
- Energy Work
- Family Care Giving for a Planned Home Death
- Facilitating Grief Support Groups
- Advance Care Planning
Pacific Rim Hospice Volunteers
- Successfully complete a unique and comprehensive Hospice Volunteer Training Program
- Sign a pledge of confidentiality for Hospice and VIHA, complete a criminal record check
- Are well trained in listening skills and listen without judging or giving advice.
- Are committed to continuing education in the field of hospice/palliative care and bereavement support.
- Offer assistance with practical concerns and planning and refer to professionals or other agencies when appropriate.
- Have a wide range of life experiences and skills that enable them to offer practical assistance and supportive care and support to meet the special needs of those facing a life-limiting disease or injury or bereavement.
- Are culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Live in our communities.
Hospice is a place to grow: for clients, volunteers and staff