You can help make a difference in your community.
The Pacific Rim Hospice Society relies on volunteers and donors to provide assistance to help those in need. There are many ways that you can make a difference:
All donations over $10.00 are tax deductible. We welcome donations of any size, monetary and in-kind.
Donate By Cheque
Please send a cheque to our office at:
Pacific Rim Hospice Society
Box 7, Tofino BC, V0R 2Z0
You may donate online at Canada Helps.
Gifts in Kind
Tax deductible gifts in kind can include equipment, supplies, or services.
Monthly Giving Club
We will arrange for automatic withdrawal from your bank account or on your credit card.
Become a member of the Pacific Rim Hospice Society. Print the Hospice membership form or send $10 with name, phone number, email and address and request for membership to Pacific Rim Hospice Society, Box 7, Tofino BC, V0R 2Z0. Memberships are from January 1- December 31 and are up for renewal each year.
Volunteer with Hospice
There are different types of volunteers in Hospice: one to one client-based volunteers, grief group facilitator, office help, event and fundraising help, board directors.
- One to One volunteers work with palliative/grief/chronic life limited clients in their home and hospital. Hospice training, criminal record check and signed confidentiality forms are required.
- Vigil volunteers are available to sit at the bedside of a person who is the final stages of the dying process.
- Grief Group Facilitators co-facilitate 7 week groups located in one or more of the communities. Grief Group Facilitation training and previous participation in a group is required
- Office volunteers provide periodic help in the hospice office
- Fundraising and membership drive volunteers help raise much need funding that supports hospice work
- Directors of the Board provide governance and direction to ensure the continued success of the organization
Some volunteers are involved in multiple ways
Since 1994 the Pacific Rim Hospice caring community has been strengthened by the generous support of our donors. Due to confidentiality we no longer list names of people who have donated to PRHS. Please know that we are thankful for your extraordinary care and compassion!